Sunday 30 June 2013

June 30 2013

Sunday 30 June

Had a great day sailing over the lake, did two races on the race-board then had a play as wind was still strong until I bust the universal joint at the foot of the mast and had to be rescued.

Spent yesterday evening repairing the electric mower, transferred the motor from our old one onto another we bought on the internet for scrap/repairs and amazingly it works. I would like a new one though.

Feeding the fish in the pond yesterday I had a surprise as 4 Tench came up to feed, they seem to be growing in number as the week progressed, wonder what else is down there?

I am trying the old blog site we had in Greece as Dad can access this one but could not get onto the other one I tried, I also know how to use this one a bit better and hopefully can post some pictures. The next few entries will be a sort of test before going to Scotland.





I was hoping the photo of the tench would include the fourth one that was just poking it's head out from under the lilly pads but at least three of them have been captured. They are early risers as generally two of them sunbathe early morning in the shallow weed, they all feed early on but by late afternoon seem to go back down into the depths.

As for Ducky-lucky maybe he should have a name change as no sign of him since release.

Spoke to Leah tonight about collecting the two Guinea pigs she has for me, probably will have to wait until the end of next month but looking forward to seeing pigs wild in the garden again, I do miss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment