Thursday 12 February 2015

Wednesday 11th February - Big Day

Big day today as we have bought a yacht!

I've been hanging my nose over a bigger boat ever since sailing with the offshore team and competing down at Cowes week, last year sailing in Greece with Sunsail and then my friend Sam in his Westerly Tiger just pushed me to look for one and this what we have decided on.

This is her on the hard standing at Maryport in Cumbria.

She is a Parker Javelin, 30 foot long with a fin keel, 5 foot draft and 15 horse power Yanmar diesel engine giving a cruising speed of 5 knots and maximum speed of 7 knots.


She has lovely lines and was designed as a racing cruising boat being quite beamy (9 foot).


Inside she is quite roomy for an old boat built in 1973 with a sea toilet in the fore-peak and plenty of storage then the main cabin that has two berths one either side of the mast and two further quarter berths either side in the rear.

lec and I spent the afternoon after agreeing the purchase stripping the interior out, by the time I'd put all the sails, ropes and seating in the van there was just about enough room left for me to drive it away.


This is Alec my co-partner in crime and future sailing partner in the main cabin after we had cleaned it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment