Saturday 22 August 2015

Insect visitors 20 August


Whilst feeding the fish this morning this little Dragonfly visited and sat on the side of the pond for ages, I think it is a Common Sympetrum sitting next to a Peacock Butterfly one of many visiting the Budlia. The other day we had Red Admiral, Small Tortoishell, Meadow Brown, Comma, Peacock, Small and Large White butterflies.

Whilst watching the fish and the little dragonfly another bigger one joined us, not quite sure what sort it is yet though.
I spent a while trying to get a picture of it and eventually got this one of it hovering next to me then had to break off for a while to get my binos to watch a Raven flying over, first time I've seen one from the garden.


A little later the dragonfly obliged by landing on a Galdiolo.



No comments:

Post a Comment