Friday 5 July 2013

Friday 5 July

I walked home a few days ago and noticed there were Pyramidal Orchids growing in a field just off the trail so I cycled over yesterday to take a couple of pictures. There were about half a dozen or more plants dotted about the field still in flower.




Last time I saw a few like this was in Scotland, nice to see some more just before going back again.

Feeding the fish this morning I noticed quite a few little toadpoles crawling about in the sun on the lilly pads getting used to the open air, most have still got a bit of tail on them but they are starting to look like tiny frogs now. There was also a large frog sunbathing next to where the tench usually lie up yesterday.

Stuart the Starling is still feeding a nest full of very noisy babies, he most be one of the last to have a first brood in the garden as everything else seems to have had their young. There are lots of signs of hedgehogs on the lawn or at least the remains of their meals but I haven't actually seen one yet, just pooh!

Viv is down with Sylvia looking at pots and pottery exhibits and will be back tonight whilst I have to finish packing the boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment