Thursday 4 July 2013

Thursday 4 July

Viv is at the Pottery finishing off some pots before she goes down to visit Sylvia for a couple of days, she is quite excited as she made a nice teapot the other day, I think there are pictures on her site worth having a look as it's good.

After I cut the grass the other day we had a Green Woodpecker visit the garden probably after the ants disturbed by cutting, it hopped about for a while and then flew off when Sparrow Hawk flew up into the bean tree and disturbed the little birds. It was a beautiful male and sat in the tree watching the garden for about 15 minutes before swooping down after a small bird then disappearing over the extension roof. We have been watching the Blackbirds anting on the back lawn sprawling over the nests fluffing out their feathers and wings but they will have to be careful with the Sparrow Hawk about.

I went over to the Castle pub in Newark Tuesday night as they have an acoustic session there, however, only me and a chap called Matt there with his wife. I'd bought a drink and got the guitar out so Matt and I decided to play together. He doesn't sing but plays nice guitar with the fiddly bits. An old lass in the audience asked me sing through the mike so switched it on after a few songs and then we played from 9:10 until 10:55 just the two of us, I really enjoyed playing with Matt and doing a long set. We even had about a dozen people including the bar staff listening who stayed until we packed up!

Whilst Viv is off with Sylvia I have to finish getting all the stuff ready to pack the boat, I think I'm about there just need to buy a new mattress though as all three inflatables seem to go down overnight having tested them not what I want to happen in the boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment