Saturday 28 June 2014

Monday 23 June


Sunday we drove up to the top of the Wild Water trail, I had a long walk up into the forest whilst Viv climbed up the Reisach Waterfall which I visited on my way down from my walk. I was quite chuffed as I saw my first ever Nutcracker a type of crow that looks like a cross between a brown crow and a jay and a Capercaillie a sort of very big grouse.

The Reisach Waterfall is very impressive falling some 140 metres and at the top there is a wire bridge over 150 metre long that crosses the gorge above the waterfall, you can just see it in the photo above, both Viv and I walked over it.


The cable bridge over the waterfall.


Monday we went up in a cable car from Schladming to the the top of Planai one pf the peaks around Schladming just over 6000 feet high, the views were stunning and it was still around the mid twenties degrees in the sun. If we were in Scotland we would have been over 2000 feet above the summit of Ben Nevis in thick ice!


Having lunch at nearly 6000 feet above sea level.


Looking back down at the top of the cable car across the valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment